Thursday, February 02, 2006

3. Okay, so I've had like, shit-all to do at work for the last week or so, but the studio's been running long hours. Essentially, my job was this blog, which due to my format, didn't really take up that much of my day anyway. Then yesterday, my well meaning coworker Dave (see yesterday's update) says, "Hey, if you're not doing anything, you should update those binders." What he means is that I should take these four-inch binders full of Radio Ad scripts from the 80's, which we only use now for our occasional demo reel, and retype them so that they look better, and don't show contain the date anymore, because ads for Jordache don't date themselves, now do they? So, because I'm currently being paid to sit on my ass and make others look prettier by comparison, I really don't have much recourse. So a big part of my last two days (Oh! and it will continue) has essentially been a bizarre twist on a boarding-school punishment. Instaed of copying pages from the dictionary, which at least would ostensibly teach you something, I comb through the history of the worst the greed-is-good decade had to offer, from L.A. Looks to the McDonalds Chicken LT sandwich (only 300 calories without mayonaise!) I can't create content, but at least I can reformat awful content from 20 years ago. So, question: How do I spin this for my resume?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home